With the world overwhelmed by Coronavirus, what should the church do? Here are a few scriptures to read, meditate, and stand on.
1. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind ( 2 Timothy 1:7)
God says that He hasn’t given us a spirit of fear. We should therefore not let any fear take root in our hearts. Any time fear tends to crop in, remember and meditate on this and other verses in the word of God that encourages us not to fear.
2. There’s nothing impossible with God. (Luke 1:37)
There’s nothing God cannot do. He has the power and the authority to deal with the Corona Pandemic because everything in Heavens above, on earth and under the earth is under His command. Let us trust in God His infinite power and wisdom.
3. Pray without ceasing ( 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
While we are trusting God to take control of the Corona Pandemic, we need to be very active in our prayers. At our church, we believe that believers all over the globe need to unite and seek God in prayer. God is faithful. He hears prayers and He answers. When we seek Him in prayer, we acknowledge that He is the Great Physician and we put our lives in His gracious hands.
4. You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world ( 1 John 4:4)
We are not alone – God the Holy Spirit dwells within us. His power is within us. That means we carry God’s power against anything that is not His will for us.
5. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? ( Romans 8:31)
While the medical world is busy looking a cure for Corona pandemic, it’s important to remember that God is on our side – He is for us. Let’s continue to trust that God will preserve us, keep us safe, and lead us through this.
6. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you (Psalms 91:7)
Just as God promised the children of Israel that He would care for them, we can be confident in His care for us. That doesn’t mean that a believer will not get sick (we know that statistically, hundreds of believers already have contracted and are fighting the COVID-19 virus). However, whatever God allows he will help us get through. There is no need to panic or fear. God is with us.
Let us not forget that God is still on the throne, cares for us, and loves us no matter what challenges we face. We can trust Him.
Contact us today at Westside Bible Chapel through our website contact form or Facebook page.